Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Corbin, Corbin, Corbin...


I've decided on an update on all three kids.. Since Corbin is the only one running around like a wild man right now, he's first. Completely out of order, but oh well.


The things he's learning is amazing to me. He's such an affectionate, loving, cuddly kid... ONE MINUTE.. The next, he's trying to "de-fur" the cat. For what? I don't know.. My 15 month old (soon to be 16 month old) is bipolar, it seems. It's okay, the shoes fits and he comes by it honestly.

He's learning new words daily. His constant favorite lately seems to be "okay!" which is the exact opposite of what every other kid his age seems to be saying, which is "no!" He says "nink nink" for "drink" (we think) and he's used the big boy potty, twice. Just last year he was Sami's age.. Where does time go?

Here's my youngest boy's story:

I'll start close to the beginning. Chris and I got married on October 1, 2007. It wasn't until December 31, 2007 that we were able to move in with each other and have alone time. Corbin was conceived the very next month. January 28th, 2008. It was pretty important that we know the date. I'm a freak about knowing dates.

Fast forward to February 14th, 2008. Walking through walmart, I brushed my arm against my chest and I thought "Holy crap, that hurts.. Great here comes Flo!" and I started counting on my fingers from the date of my last period.. "F*#K! 30 days." Uh ohs. That's 2 days past my average cycle length. I counted and double counted probably a few times as we walked through the store and as we passed the "family planning" section of the store (which is ironically RIGHT next to the tampons, pads and cures for the dirties) I slipped an HPT into the cart. Chris saw it and raised an eyebrow and I just ignored it. I didn't feel like getting his hopes up and then watching them crash. He had a huge fear of being sterile and thought the day would never come when he'd hold his own baby..

So we check out. Thank GODS because I have to pee so bad, I'm dancin'. So Chris says in the car, "Let's go to Best Buy." I'm screaming internally. I don't want him to know I'm taking this test, because I don't want him to get depressed again and have to relive his fear I mentioned earlier. So I'm like, "Alright. Let's. But I have to pee.. Watch Aeric." I wait til he parks and gets out of the car before I frantically rip open the box and stuff a test in my hoodie pocket and book it for the restroom. This isn't classy.. Pregnancy test in Best Buy. That's some stuff that belongs in Palatka.. If Palatka had a Best Buy. I will skip the details. I took the test. Negative. SHIT. Again. Negative. I'm a little sad but continue about my business and walk out to wash my hands. Forgot the test on the toilet paper dispenser. I hurry back in and grab it before someone walks in and sees my deed. As I reach down to pick it up to stuff it into the trash, I took one last look and praise be to God, POSITIVE. My entire body went cold and I know I turned liquid paper white because there was no blood in my face. I could feel it.

I walked out of the bathroom, and Chris was waiting there with Aeric who was sitting in the cart. I looked at him and went "Baby." and he was like "What?" and I said "No... BABY." and the look on his face was classic. I can't even begin to describe every emotion that flooded over him. It was disbelief, shock, excitement, happiness and terror all at once. We originally went in there to look at the TVs but left with a much better present. A positive HPT. I handed it to him in the car. Two lines. Happy Valentines Day, baby.

First person we called was our friends, Amber and Chris. (Yep, we share names. LOL) They knew Chris' fear better than anyone. They knew his anxiety about never having a baby of his own. They were excited, possibly more than we were at the moment. LOL. It hadn't sunk in for me yet..

The 9 months was pretty uneventful. He sent me into early labor twice and then in the end, refused to come. I was induced and he came into the world screaming on October 18, 2007 at 3:21am. 9lbs 5.4oz 20" long.

My love. Chris' first boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Soundtrack.