Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow!!

Being a born and raised Floridian, snow is a big deal to me. I go crazy over it, and I get so jealous when other people tell me how they've got 20" of the stuff. So when it snowed here Friday night into Saturday morning, we were all pretty excited. Being this close to the coast line, we didn't expect anything more than a dusting.. But we were quite surprised when we woke up to a virtual winter wonderland.


This was about 8pm est, when I walked outside to walk Beans and thought "OMG OMG OMG!" Yes. I actually said O-M-G.

About a quarter after 9. So an hour and 15 minutes passed and we had about an inch. The weather channel still forcasted us for about 8 more hours of steady snow, but said we were only supposed to get 3". I knew this wasn't so because we already had an inch in such a short time. I kept waking up in the middle of the night and staring out my window in amazement. I was like a kid on Christmas morning when I woke up to this:



It's like the scene right off of a post card. A Florida Native's dream.





Street level. 6:45am. Yea. I woke up before the kids. :)






Our front yard. We got about 8". It was pretty exciting for the kids as well.. Corbin saw snow last year, but he was only a couple months old at the most so he doesn't remember. This was Sami's first. She didn't see too much of it due to her RSV, I didn't want to take her out in the damp cold air and risk a relapse after she's been doing so well.









She looks that surprised all the time. Don't worry.





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Soundtrack.